You’re not sure whether you should hire a professional cleaning service and how much will it cost you? We know that you have many questions and that’s why we’ve prepared a complete guide to walk you through the options you have when hiring a professional cleaning service, as well as the prices for different types of services.
- Live-in maids – If you choose to have a live-in made, the cost per year varies between $25,000 to $50,000. Live-in maids offer the biggest range of services, from babysitting to cooking and picking up groceries, you name it, but it’s your responsibility to provide them a bedroom at your place, as well as withold taxes.
- Full time maids – Their range of services are almost similar when comparing to live-in maids, the only difference is that you don’t have to provide them with a housing option since they’re going back to their home after they’re done with the work at your place.
- Hiring a cleaning company – The most popular service is hiring a professional cleaning company since it much more affordable – the cost for cleaning an average sized home is between $100 and $300.
- Pricing methods – You must have noticed that some cleaning companies usually offer two types of pricing – flat rate and hourly pricing. The difference is that flat rate is established based on the total number of bedrooms and bathrooms, or the sqft of your house. Hourly pricing means that you as a customer will determine the number of hours of the cleaning service you need upfront, or you’ll wait till the job is done and pay the total time it took a professional cleaner to make your home spotless.
- Types of services:
- Standard cleaning service – Basic cleaning service such as getting rid of dust and sanitizing surfaces of your kitchen, tables, and other furniture
- Deep cleaning service – More thorough cleaning service, reaching areas of your home such as shower and tubs, behind toilets, and other neglected areas. Since this type of service requires longer hours, the price is also higher then when hiring a standard cleaning service.
- Move in/out service – Similar as a standard cleaning service, except this type of service also includes areas such as inside of your kitchen cabinets and appliances, drawers, window ledges, etc. This type of service also requires more time, therefore it is also higher in price when comparing to standard cleaning service.